News Flash | Queens Taste participants - -- - - - - [well they wanted to participate] are offering Mother’s Day Bargains
It would’ve been the Party of the Year with several dozen local restaurants and beverage purveyors providing samples of their products to several hundred revelers in a really fun venue!
Unfortunately, Queens Taste 2020 will not take place on May 5 as planned due COVID-19. In fact, it won’t take place at all. However, many of the almost 60 planned participants are offering special promotions to celebrate Mother’s Day and the borough’s spirit.
Some of the bargains are sweet. Others are savory. Still more are spicy. And of course, there are some fruity ones, too. They all share a few positive Q traits: Queens, Quality, and Quotable (as tasters invariably yell “Ahh, this is great!”).
Here are some delicious, nutritious, and judicious options.
- Ben’s of Bayside has a $25.99 Chicken Marsala Dinner Special with Rice Pilaf, Sautéed Spinach, and Choice of Soup or Small Garden Salad. Also check out the Catering-for-Six and BBQ-for-Ten deals.
- Cooking with Corey, which makes everything from Shrimp with Grits to Pepper Steak with Roasted Ratatouille, is offering a Buy-Two-Get-One-Free deal.
- Gateau du Ciel has a wide array of sweet deals for $6. Consider Banana Pudding in a Jar, Cookie Baskets, Cupcake Bouquets, Homemade Toffee, and Mini-Cakes. Place the order by May 8.
Mansi, which sells drinks made from calamansi fruit hand-picked in the Philippines, offers 15 percent discounts with the code “Mothers15” until May 10.
MumsKitchens NYC => will double the face value of any purchased gift cards. The West Indian cuisine specialists are also soliciting Crumb Club members.
- Queens Curry Kitchen has free delivery and gift-wrapping for every purchase of two 3.5-ounce bags of Indian spice blends – Coconut Curry Coastal, Classic Tikka Masala Blend, Tandoori Magic, and Stir Fry Karahi – for $20.
- Schmidt’s Candy is going with a gift box consisting of 48 handmade Milk and Dark Chocolates for $27.
For the past 17 years, the Queens Economic Development Corporation has organized Queens Taste 2020 in May. Usually, more than 500 people enjoy such cuisines as Brazilian, Caribbean, Chinese, Colombian, Ecuadorian, Filipino, French, Indian, Italian, Kosher, Malaysian, Mexican, Taiwanese, and Thai.