This Vegan Nutty Zucchini Raisin Bread was inspired by one of our Mums, She always serves squash or zucchini with every meal. This is a great recipe for the holidays—it’s decadent, but still healthy, and it will bring the whole family to the table.”
- Organic Flax Seeds [slightly chilled]
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3½ cups shredded zucchini
- Beat flax seeds, applesauce, vanilla extract, sugar, and oil together, using a standing mixer if you have one. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter [vegan] and lightly flour two 8”x4” loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir gently to combine.
- Shred zucchini, lightly packing it down as you measure it.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (about ⅓ at a time) to your batter, mixing as you go, and then beat well to fully combine.
- With a rubber scraper or wooden spoon, stir the shredded zucchini, nuts, and raisins into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out cleanly. (The bake time will vary depending on how much shredded zucchini you add to the batter.)
- Remove from the pans and let cool (on wire racks if you have them).
- For the topping, you can use a vegan icing recipe.
Lovely however, I just want to eat it without all the work!? then order Your Nutty Zucchini Raisin Bread Here! Vegan? or StraightUP? :)