Nutty Zucchini Raisin Bread
- 3 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup of oil
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of raisin
- 1 cup of chopped pecans [walnuts]
- 3½ cups shredded zucchini
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat eggs, applesauce, vanilla extract, sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter and lightly flour two 8”x4” loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir gently to combine.
- Shred zucchini, lightly packing it down as you measure it.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (about ⅓ at a time) mixing as you go – then beat well to fully combine.
- With a rubber scraper or wooden spoon, stir in shredded zucchini, nuts and raisins into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out cleanly. (The bake time will vary depending on how much shredded zucchini you add to the batter.)
- Remove from the pans and cool on wire racks.
- For the topping, use a cream cheese icing recipe